Tuesday, September 4, 2012

STUDENT BEGINS BLOG

My name is Seth Houston, and I'm a writer. For the next few months I will be writing about news and current events as a project for one of my college classes. I am studying journalism at the University of Southern Mississippi and hope to somehow make a living in that profession.

I suppose it would be helpful to say a little bit about myself. I was born and raised in southern Mississippi, home educated through grade school along with my two brothers and four sisters, and studied for two years at a nearby junior college. I enjoy thinking and reading, am about six feet tall with brown hair and a red beard, and prefer ice cream to cotton candy.

This is actually my third blog. The first was done only for a week during a high school journalism workshop which was held at the same university I am currently attending. The second has been ongoing pretty much ever since then. It's sort of an autobiography concerning my progress as a writer. I also publish some of my articles and other works there.

There are a few reasons I decided to do this blog separately from my other one. First, the content and style will be very different. Second, I'm required to provide two links in every post, so I figured for my introduction I could give the links to my other two blogs. Third, for this project I'm required to be professional, which I usually am, but sometimes it's good to have the freedom to be a little unprofessional, which I can do in my other blog.

Anyway, I hope I can be an insightful source for the news ahead. I'll try to make it as fun and creative as AP Style will allow, but it will probably get serious sometimes too. Happy reading, I'll see you next week.

First blog: http://www.usmsethhouston.blogspot.com/

Main blog: http://sethouston.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment