Thursday, December 6, 2012

STUDENT ENDS BLOG

I have taken more journalism classes this semester than I ever have before, and certainly more than I ever will again. Immersing myself on all sides in writing techniques, styles and media has been a valuable experience for me, but I'm ready for a break.
If I had to pick a favorite medium and style, it would have to be what I'm doing right now. I enjoy writing in a very conversational style with a little room for flair and humor. Probably my least favorite medium would be the press release. I'm not sure why exactly. Maybe it's that I'm just not used to the format and that I have trouble remembering where all the little extra things go.
Now then, a few shameless promotions are in order. If you just can't get enough of my writing and don't want my blog to end, then don't worry. I have another blog, which I haven't written in for about three months, but hey, I was busy. I'll admit that I don't cover newsy stuff in my blog, except for when something really important happens and I feel like I genuinely have something to add to the discussion. You can visit my blog here.
Also, if you're curious as to how I got started on this whole journalism thing, you can click here to see the blog I kept for a week at a high school journalism workshop.
Well, it's finally time to wrap things up. I would like to say goodbye to the professors and instructors who I will not be seeing next semester, as well as to anyone else who may have stumbled across this journalism project. Fare well.

http://sethouston.blogspot.com/

http://www.usmsethhouston.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment